325 properties for sale or for rent in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek (Brussel-Hoofdstad / Bruxelles-Capitale), commune of 6 km²: 97,462 people live in this area where there are a higher proportion of women (50.1%) than men in this municipality. The average age is 34 years, residents are mostly tenants (63%) in their own homes and have an average annual net per capita income of 10,406€. There is an average of 0.6 cars per household is lower than the national average (1.3). Show all Show less
The inhabitants come from these different countries:
- 73.6% Belgium
- 6.2% Morocco
- 4.4% Romania
- 2.4% Spain
- 2% France
- 1.8% Italy
- 1.1% Poland
- 8.4% Other
Mohamed, Mohammed, Ahmed, Adam and Youssef are the most common first names for men in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek and Fatima, Maria, Khadija, Marie and Sarah for women.
In Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, the dwellings have on average 4.6 rooms and is therefore below the national average (6). With regard to the age of the buildings, they were built around 1937 and the dwellings in the municipality are distributed as follows: 66% apartment buildings and 34% houses.
More specifically, here is the breakdown by type of building:
- 61.1% buildings and flat blocks
- 30.9% houses of the closed type
- 6.6% commercial houses
- 0.9% other types of buildings
- 0.4% semi-closed type houses
- 0.2% open type houses, farms, castles
60 houses are for sale in the municipality, 0 houses for rent, 258 flats for sale and 18 flats for rent. Here you will find an idea of the price of accommodation in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek:
- 539836€ for a house up for sale
- 0€ per month for a rented house
- 261044€ for a flat to buy
- 1123€ per month for a flat for rent
The highest rent charged in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek for a house is 0€ while the lowest is 0€. In terms of sales, the cheapest house is at 175000€ while the most expensive is at 3990000€. In Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, count 749000€ for the highest price for a flat for sale and 115000€ for the lowest. When renting, the maximum rent is 2050€ while 795€ is the lowest rent charged to rent on https://immo.vlan.be/en.
Companies in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek are located in the following sectors:
- 485 companies in the field "other specialised construction activities n.e.c."
- 215 companies active in "restaurants and mobile food service activities"
- 175 companies in the field "taxi operation"
- 168 firms active in "business and other management consultancy activities"
- 144 firms in the domain "retail sale in non-specialised stores with food, beverages or tobacco predominating"
- 132 firms present in "sale of cars and light motor vehicles"
Living in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, you will not be far from an entrance to the R0 (Brussels ring) motorway, which is 6 minutes by car from the centre of the town. An entrance for the A12 motorway (Brussels - Boom - Antwerpen - (Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands)) is also accessible in 11 minutes.
In Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, you will also have access to these main roads:
Several supermarkets are at your disposal in the commune: 4 LIDL, 4 Carrefour, 4 Delhaize, 2 Aldi and 1 OKay.
As far as children are concerned, the municipality has 34 nurseries (such as the nursery "Les Moulins D'Olina" or "Les 2 Moiselles"), 32 nursery schools ("Ecole Primaire Libre Sainte-Ursule" or "Ecole Fondamentale Annexée Le Petit Sippelberg"), 36 primary schools (e.g. school "Go! Basisschool Eugeen Laermans" or "Ecole Primaire Libre Saint-Charles") and 14 secondary schools ("Collège De Bruxelles" or "Athénée Royal Toots Thielemans").
4 lines from metro with a stop in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, you will find an overview of the lines:
- Metro STIB, line 1 : GARE DE L'OUEST - STOCKEL
- Metro STIB, line 2 : SIMONIS - ELISABETH
- Metro STIB, line 5 : ERASME - HERRMANN-DEBROUX
- Metro STIB, line 6 : ROI BAUDOUIN - ELISABETH
2 lines from tram with a stop in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, you will find an overview of the lines:
- Tram STIB, line 51 : STADE - VAN HAELEN
- Tram STIB, line 82 : GARE DE BERCHEM - DROGENBOS
33 different lines of bus have a stop in the commune of Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek like the following lines:
- Bus De Lijn, Line 128: Brussel - Ninove via de N8
- Bus De Lijn, Line 129: Brussel - Dilbeek
- Bus STIB, Line 49: GARE DU MIDI - SIMONIS
- Bus STIB, Line 86: MACHTENS - BOCKSTAEL
- Bus STIB, Line 87: SIMONIS - BEEKKANT
The nearest stations to the centre of the town are "Brussel-West / Bruxelles-Ouest", "Simonis", "Brussel-Zuid / Bruxelles-Midi", "Brussel-Kapellekerk / Bruxelles-Chapelle", "Thurn En Taxis / Tour Et Taxis".
If you need to recharge your electric vehicle, 4 recharging stations are available in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean / Sint-Jans-Molenbeek.
The best placed airport in relation to the municipality is "Brussels Airport". It is 52 minutes by public transport or 18 minutes by car.
Shared bikes "Villo!" can be rented at the 17 stations available in the commune. You don't need to own your own car but have an occasional need? No worries, your commune has 8 stations "Cambio" !